Tuesday 24 November 2009

english breakfast

For this fortnights photo challenge we were given the title of 'English Breakfast'

I decided that, instead of doing something quite typical-a full english or something food related-i would do something a bit more offbeat and literal.

I decided to concentrate on the word 'English' as opposed to 'Breakfast' and set about creating a stereotypical englishman, and, just because i like to be a bit silly from time to time, use my sister jen as the model. A shirt & tie (borrow from our dad!) waistcoat, mustache and monocle later, i had her sat behind a small table (shes actually sat on the floor in the shot!) eating Cornflakes and reading the times, a real ENGLISH breakfast :)

i used studio lights, one softbox to the right and one umbrella to the left and shot it at F8 and 1/125. I'm pleased with the results and it looks pretty much exactly as it did in my head, which is always a positive in my eyes!

firstly, some unedited, rejected shots:


and the final shot:

No comments:

Post a Comment